Current Varnish status?

Denis Brækhus denis at startsiden.no
Tue Feb 13 20:13:04 CET 2007

----- Kenneth Rørvik <Kenneth.Rorvik at hio.no> wrote:
> Denis Brækhus wrote:
> > So, my question is, how stable do you consider the current release
> to be?
> (http://www.hio.no) for three weeks + now. In that time, there's been
> one major incident, in which varnish suddenly started dropping all
> incoming connections, possibly resetting, with clients ending up
> simply with blank pages.

Thanks for the info. I added a content script check to my alteons, checking for the length of a particular object through http. This should eliminate any major mishaps I guess.

So my setup ended up being :

VarnishServer1        VarnishServer2
AppServer1            AppServer2

If VarnishServer1 or 2 fails the alteon falls back to using the relevant appserver directly instead..

Looking forward to see how this performs under load. I have high expectations for Varnish actually :)

Regards
--
Denis Braekhus - Teknisk Ansvarlig ABC Startsiden AS
http://www.startsiden.no