Confusion about LTS versions. Any comprehensive documentation regarding everything LTS?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Mar 4 07:22:36 UTC 2022

--------
Batanun B writes:

> Any info on upcoming LTS versions? I'm specifically interested in new non-minor versions, like 6.6 or 7.0.

The official status is on the "downloads" page of the project homepage:

	http://varnish-cache.org/releases/index.html

I will admit that is pretty sparse information, but it is also as precise
as we have it at this time.

We generally only have one LTS release at any one time, although there can
be small overlaps when we jump from one LTS to another.

My advice would be to pick any release you want from LTS or younger.
Upgrades, or even downgrades, between versions are close to painless.

Poul-Henning