Traffic drop issue

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Mon Nov 2 13:32:52 UTC 2020

> > Did you try to increase thread_pool_max?
> >

> Yes, we increased thread_pool_max and thread_pool_min after that issue.
> For the moment all work fine.

FWIW, it's in the documentation of the threads_limited counter, which
you (and Guillaume) didn't seem to notice (or remember) before I
brought this up. Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but more
importantly please let me know how we could  improve the documentation
if that was not enough.

> We think about adjusting other params concerning threads like thread_pool_reserve.
> Did you have advise about that?

If you already increased thread_pool_min, you mechanically increased
the size of the reserve (5% of thread_pool_min by default) so I'd
suggest you keep monitoring threads_limited and see whether you need
more workers for your workload.

Dridi