Varnish version 6.3 vcl test fails with custom http header starting with a number

Yassine Aouadi yassine.aouadi90 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 13:21:15 UTC 2019

>Can you tell us from which version you are upgrading to 6.3?
  I am upgrading from 5.2.1  but   same  code tested and worked with
varnish   6.0.5 lts and  6.2.1 (all downloaded from package cloud) on
ubuntu bionic.

Testing   6 series version to choose to which one I should upgrade .
 Sadly ,Some backends  only accept requests with an "exotic" header name .

Should I expect this restriction  included in   a  new  6.0 .* lts  package
as well ?

If I have  no choice and have to import the header vmod would you advise
how can i set   brand new key-value   http header   in vcl   using this
vmod?

I  only saw operations on existing  headers in doc :
https://github.com/varnish/varnish-modules/blob/master/docs/vmod_header.rst

Thanks,
--Yassine