reg: not getting ReqAcct tag in varnishlog

Hardik hetardik.p at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:51:05 UTC 2019

Hi Dridi,

I am reading few tags for Billing purpose. I have added VMOD for this.In
vmod currently I was passing "-g session" option to varnish callback
function. But *I found out that not getting ReqAcct tag. Also I am missing
lots of logs itself.*

After with discussion with you guys it seems problem is due to "-g session"
option. So I removed that and tested again and looks better then before.
Reduced frequency of missing ReqAcct and Log loss decreased a lot.

Now, my doubt, Is it better not to use any option and keep default setting,
or to use -c option ? So I can minimize log loss as many as I can.

Here is small from vmod which is reading shared memory (*it was lot easier
in varnish 3 because I was able to call dispatch function directly*),
vut =  VUT_Init(argv[0], 1, argv, &s);
vut->dispatch_f = VarnishLog::handler;
vut->dispatch_priv = this;
vut->g_arg = 3;  <----  I commented out this now ( -g session )
vut->sighup = 1;
vut->sighup_f = VarnishLog::sighup;
VUT_Setup(vut);
VUT_Main(vut);
VUT_Fini(&vut);

I can not change above whole setup but can modify few things in that.

Now, If you can answer previous questions will be really helpful.
Particularly how -g session option creating problem ?

Thank you
Hardik