Varnish Lurker is getting slower / Ban lists keeps increasing

Olivier Hanesse olivier.hanesse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:05:50 CEST 2017

Hello Nils,

Thanks for your reply. Now I understand better the definition of this
parameter (cache efficiency vs response time).

I've checked and I am really graphing the size of the ban list (using the
value "MAIN.bans" from varnishstat ). This value is the same that the
"varnishadm
ban.list | wc -l" output.

I've just see that there is a "new" value in varnishstat
 "MAIN.bans_lurker_obj_killed_cutoff". I will add this value to my
monitoring plugin.

Olivier