Monitoring

Nigel Peck np.lists at sharphosting.uk
Wed Apr 26 21:17:32 CEST 2017

Hi Rodney,

There are far better qualified folks than me on here to answer this
question, but to get you started, the following are worth monitoring:

--

cache_miss

If this is high then you can probably improve your configuration to get
more requests served from the cache.

--

n_lru_nuked

If this has data then your cache memory is not enough to support
everything you could be caching.

--

And it's not in your list, but I would monitor:

uptime

If this keeps getting reset then there is a problem with your setup and
the server is having to restart itself.

--

As I said, some to get you started, there are certainly others you could
monitor. You may want to consider reading the Varnish book and making

http://book.varnish-software.com/4.0/

-or -

https://info.varnish-software.com/the-varnish-book

Best,