Python 2.7

Keck, Hans-Peter Hans-Peter.Keck at haufe-lexware.com
Thu Apr 6 12:42:02 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I tried to compile Varnish 5.1.1 on CentOS 6, but the configure script reported to me that Python 2.7 is now required (CentOS 6 only has Python 2.6).
This came as a surprise to me, because it wasn't mentioned in the changes (https://varnish-cache.org/docs/5.1/whats-new/changes-5.1.html)
Why is 2.7 needed? If I do not use the VMODs, will I be affected by this?

Thanks & Regards,
Hans-Peter
----
Dr. Hans-Peter Keck
Senior Development Engineer
Haufe-Lexware GmbH & Co. KG
Ein Unternehmen der Haufe Gruppe
Munzinger Str. 9, 79111 Freiburg
Tel. +49 761 898-5401
E-Mail: hans-peter.keck at haufe-lexware.com
Internet: http://www.haufe-lexware.com<http://www.haufe-lexware.com/>
Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz und Registergericht Freiburg, HRA 4408
Komplementäre: Haufe-Lexware Verwaltungs GmbH,
Sitz und Registergericht Freiburg, HRB 5557; Martin Laqua
Beiratsvorsitzende: Andrea Haufe
Geschäftsführung: Isabel Blank, Sandra Dittert, Markus Dränert, Jörg Frey,
Birte Hackenjos, Markus Reithwiesner, Joachim Rotzinger, Dr. Carsten Thies