varnishncsa logs split per domain

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Wed Nov 16 08:17:21 CET 2016

>> Isn't that what a mailing list is there for? To help others?
>>
>> Your thoughts please ;)
> Now that the finger is pointed at me, while I agree that I often point
> to the manual, I'm rarely saying to RTFM. I can be weeks between to
> peeks at the misc list for me, so sometimes I get extra lazy. I'm also
> sure you learned more than just how to pick the normalized host by
> looking at varnishncsa's manual.
>
> I could have been very nasty and not mention vmod_std(3) because
> after all, I had already hinted "std.log" in a previous email ;)
>
> I gave you a minimalist solution [1], you didn't know how to do it, I
> pointed to the right manuals since you already had the recipe. The
> little push that should get the ball rolling.
>
> Then if it doesn't work out as expected I can still try helping further.
> I'm usually reluctant to give a turn-key solution (except in the docs)
> and that's probably a habit I got from being a trainer. DYI and I will
> back you up, sort of thing.
>
> Cheers
Thanks lazy you,

glad you gave me the right hints and pointers. good to know that it's
only your extra laziness ;)

anyway, no offense taken! in general I'm in the same boat with you and
DYI instead of turn-key solutions
sometimes I just wish for a short explanation to get the ball a better
rolling instead of a MAN and then asking for further help.

anyway, thanks again for mentioning std.log which took me on the right
path ...

wish you lots of health & happiness so you can perhaps kick that extra
bit of laziness and just be plain lazy and perhaps add a tiny
explanation / example the next time ;)

greetings & all the best
Becki