Caching requests with Authorization Header

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:32:04 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:08 PM, Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch)
<hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Authorization
>    If Varnish sees an 'Authorization' header it will pass the request.
> If this is not what you want you can unset the header."
>
> I have a scenario that works on varnish3 but won't work on varnish4.
>
> As the subject says, I want to cache requests that were made with the
> Authorization header. Before you start thinking "what a crazy and
> insecure thing to do", let me explain:
[...]
> When I use the Authorization header, varnish4 does not cache at all...
> And when I remove the Authorization header, it caches but I get 401
> Forbidden from the CDN.
>
> Is there a way to solve this?

Hi!

It's been a week and a didn't find any solutions for this yet :( I've
been using Varnish 4 with great success in other installs and I really
want to use on this one too, specially when Varnish 3 EOL is near :P

Is this a feature that will always be like this, or this behavior can
change? Is there anything I could do to help? :)

Thanks!

--
[]'s
Hugo