Threads in 4.0

James Harrison james at talkunafraid.co.uk
Mon May 19 16:29:37 CEST 2014

On 19/05/14 07:54, Andreas Plesner Jacobsen wrote:
> It sounds like you've upgraded to get persistent? Persistent is
> still experimental, just as it was in 3.0.

Upgraded to be on the current latest stable maintained build, not to use
persistent. I like to do upgrades in a controlled manner while the old
version is still viable so finding bugs isn't catastrophic!

Persistent I only switched to when it was clear to work
around the thread issue I was going to be restarting the thing a lot
till a fix got issued/I had time to build from source to see if that
commit fixed it. If the persistent storage is broken/dodgy to the
extent it was causing the whole thing to lock up and die then it
shouldn't be in the release imho.

Experimental is certainly the wrong wording - deprecated, perhaps?

I'll try again when >4.0.0 is out with a fix for the thread pool issue
and see how things work using the usual transient memory store.
--
Cheers,
James