How does varnish cache determine if a resource needs to be refreshed

Stephen Wood smwood4 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 19:16:38 CEST 2013

Generally, you set the TTL on objects based on how frequently they update.
You can also manually send a purge or force refresh objects if you know
they've been updated.

If your application includes a mixture of static and dynamic content, you
can read up on ESI<https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/tutorial/esi.html>
.