invalidating (ban) a cache problematically, real life maximum?

S Ahmed sahmed1020 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:19:31 CEST 2012

Per,

Confused, I thought ban and purge are the same thing now in varnish 3?

Varnish 3 uses the term ban and banning for what was known as purge and
purging in Varnish 2. They are the same.

   - Varnish 3 has a new function called purge; that did not exist in VCL
   in Varnish 2.
   - purge; is a much improved way of doing what was in Varnish 2 done
   using set obj.ttl = 0s;.

So when you said limiting ban's to 10-30 per second, you were referring to
a regex based way of removing an item from cache?

And a purge is a specific url?