varnishadm param.show meanings?

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Wed Apr 4 09:47:19 CEST 2012

Hi.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Zachary Stern <zs at enternewmedia.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> Is there somewhere I can get a good definition of each parameter that
> comes up when I run a param.show during a varnisadm session?

Sure. Watch this:

 varnish> param.show shortlived
200
shortlived                 10.000000 [s]
                           Default is 10.0
                           Objects created with TTL shorter than this are
                           always put in transient storage.

I've searched the wiki and the 3.0.2 docs and not really found  good
> results.

If you want it all in one place you can do a awk/sh hack or grep in the
source. It's all in one place and should be easy to find.

--
Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer