file,/var/tmp,50% - but no file in /var/tmp

Martin Koch Andersen martin at 925.dk
Wed Nov 23 20:21:38 CET 2011

Hello,

I use this -s parameter "file,/var/tmp,50%" for Vanish.

With Varnish 3.0.1 a (memory mapped) file was thus created in /var/tmp, when Varnish was started.
With Varnish 3.0.2 no such file is created. And I don't see Varnish having any open file descriptors to anything in /var/tmp.

I use FreeBSD, and the -s parameter is passed using "varnishd_storage" from rc.conf.

Wonder if the parameter is being ignored, or if something has changed with regards to the file creation?

Kind regards,

--
Martin Koch Andersen
http://925.dk