Manipulating ESI request

Andreas Plesner Jacobsen apj at mutt.dk
Fri Nov 18 15:49:29 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 03:41:32PM +0100, Christian Jul Jensen wrote:

> >That's too late. beresp is not available until after you've fetched
> >from the
> >backend. So yes, you're rewriting it, but it has no effect.
>
> Thanks, I thought so. Any suggestion on how to achieve this? Or is
> it just not possible to manipulate the ESI request based on
> parameters on the triggering request?

I can't think of a way. The ESI requests are considered isolated requests, and
vcl_fetch may not have run just before fetching them (if the outer object is
cached, but the ESId object isn't). There may also be more than one ESI
request, so how would you separate them?

I think you need to rethink your strategy.

--
Andreas