Unknown variable 'beresp.url'

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at varnish-software.com
Fri Jun 17 15:27:13 CEST 2011

Hi Tobias,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:39:17AM +0200, Tobias Hensel wrote:
> >You wanna use req.url, e.g.
> >sub vcl_fetch {
> >  if (req.url ~ ....)
>
> Thank you for your fast answer!
>
> I thought I wanna use the statements shown in the example.
> In the Internet, I see a lot of vcl examples where beresp.url is
> used with 2.1 even in the official docs it is shown. So I'm a little
> bit irritated that this does not work.

Unfortunately we had a typo that snuck into the docs, which was fixed in
March. And unfortunately again, the docs online for 2.1 are only updated
when we pull changes into the 2.1 branch preparing for an other
2.1-release. Since we haven't had a release of 2.1 since the
documentation-typo was fixed, the issue persists on the 2.1 web, which
is a bit unfortunate.

Sorry you got hit by this, but I'm glad you got it working :)

- Kristian