Chield dies

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed May 12 22:04:31 CEST 2010

In message <4BEA8224.2090409 at dmi.dk>, Eivind Bengtsson writes:

>on my behalf) telnetting to the serviceport to check the backend.health?
>Is my perl-fu not strong enough?

In general, the debug.* commands should be used in production, I have
named them thusly for a reason.

I do realize that we need a much better way to report and monitor
backend state/health/stats, and I'm working on that.

One thing to be aware of, is that the CLI is singlethreaded, so
a CLI command taking a long time could potentially get in the way
of the ping/pong check.

Try increasing the cli_timeout parameter to make the master process
less facist in this aspect.