cache/503

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 01:32:14 CEST 2010

You are almost guaranteed to get unique cached objects for each user
with your Vary:

  Vary: User-Agent, Cookie, Accept-Encoding

Varying by User-Agent is never a good idea, there are thousands of
different user agent strings, as it includes both the browser version
number and operating system version number (including any patch
levels...). You will have to know how your backend application uses
this information in order to sensibly normalise the value.

Excepting the google analytics __utm. cookies which you strip, three
others are left from your first trace:

  Cookie: OAX=BDoAAktdupEAAym8; __qca=P0-1578676227-1264519209511;
__utmz=105990736.1264519210.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none);
__utma=105990736.1647079563.1264519210.1269538667.1270578927.6;
__ngt_cli=9AD2EBDB8489C157C3867ADB; __utmz=7868

In the second trace you seem to have other cookies set as well.

  Cookie: s_cc=true; s_sq=%5B%5BB%5D%5D

If you need to vary on any information stored in a cookie, write some
VCL to extract that cookie, place it into another header, and then
Vary on your custom header. For instance, on a site where a user can
pick their language, I extract the value from the relevant cookie and
overwrite the Accept-Language header with the it, and then vary on
Accept-Language.

Laurence