Duplicate caching of zippend and unzipped CSS and JS files

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Aug 26 09:35:39 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Alessandro Ronchi <
alessandro.ronchi at soasi.com> wrote:

> In my project I have both gzip and plain version of CSS and JS files, based
> on user browser preferences. How can I make varnish cache both versions and
> give the user the correct version?

Varnish will cache both versions if your back end server sends a "Vary:
Content-Encoding" header. You probably want to normalize this header. See
http://varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/tutorial/increasing_your_hitrate.html#vary
for
details on how to do that.

--
Per Buer,  Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer