Welcome back from vacation!

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Aug 3 22:06:03 CEST 2009

I'm packing up in the beach-house and will be headed back to
civilization tomorrow, after which normality will hopefully
materialize over a matter of days.

Some things you may or may not want to know:

First: my inbox needs a vacation, and I will try to do something
more sensible than rm -rf to it, but I make no promises.  Once it
gets above 200-300 emails, I get pretty ruthless with the 'd' button.
If you are waiting for my reply, and have not received it by next
week, send the question again, dont just send "are you going to reply
to my email".

Second: My main varnish-priority right now is to get -spersistence
done, so we can release the first release with it.  It should be
workable in -trunk, please help test.

Third: A ticket sweep will be done as soon as we find a timeslot,
expect feedbacks, questions and if you draw the lucky number, a
fix or two.

Fourth: Nice People are trying to arrange a "Varnish User Group"
meeting, in London in September.  Details will be announced when
we have them.  The intent is simply to get to gather some users and
the developers and talk about varnish.  If we feel it is a success,
we will try to cajole somebody into arranging the next meeting.

Fifth: I am pondering a plan for raising some (more) money for
varnish development.  Right now, I am limted to spending 30% of my
time on varnish because of weird tax/work-treaties between the
nordic countries.  If your company makes a fortune using varnish,
be prepard to be delicately mugged for a small contribution.  More
also on that later.

I guess that is it...

Poul-Henning