Logged-in users

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Wed Nov 26 15:10:02 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a site where users can log in.  This sets a cookie with their
encrypted login details, so they can be authenticated.  There are a
small number of pages which are user-specific ("change your details"
forms, etc), and these are set not to cache.

When a user is logged in, a message is shown at the top of the page "You
are now logged in".  However, nothing on the page depends on the
individual user.

My question is, how can I organise the cache to have the most cache
hits, given that there are effectively two versions of each page - one
for logged in users, and one for anonymous users.

Thanks,

Miles