Specification out of date?

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Fri Mar 21 20:41:39 CET 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 11:45 AM, Ricardo Newbery wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>
>> Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com> writes:
>>> Because a pass will not store the response in cache when it
>>> otherwise
>>> should if it contains a public token.
>>
>> Dude, it's already in the cache.  That's how you ended up in vcl_hit
>> in
>> the first place.
>

> Doesn't matter.  An authenticated request should not pull from cache
> *unless* the public token is present.

Also, if the authenticated response *does* contain a public token,
then it should replace the version in cache.

Note, I've already acknowledged that this second part of the logic
might be flawed.  If *any* response contains a 'public' token, then
theoretically *all* responses to the same request should contain the
token (ignoring transient differences caused by backend changes).  So
conversely, if we don't find the public token in the cache version,
then it may be okay to assume that any subsequent request will
continue to be non public.

Ric