Virtual hosts and logfiles

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sat Mar 31 17:20:14 CEST 2007

  Hi.

For fun I'm experimenting with running Varnish in front of an Apache
that runs some virtual hosts; it looks like it is working very well so
far.

Having Varnish in front means that Apache logs the local IP/hostname
for all requests, which makes the logs somewhat less useful than
before.

I wonder if anyone has solved how to make varnishncsa only log
requests to a specific virtualhost? (Then I would just run a
varnishncsa for each virtualhost; problem solved).

Looking at the man-page, I'm guessing that the '-i' flag perhaps could
be used, but I haven't been able to dig up what "tag" means in this
context. Maybe I'm way off.

Any pointers where to look?

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Q: Who tells you what to do?                                Adam Sjøgren
  A: The Bell Telephone Company. The telephone rings     asjo at koldfront.dk
     and I do what I'm told to do."